Critères de l'offre
Description du poste
We are seeking a knowledgeable and ambitious Senior Consultant with previous experience in similar roles to help us grow the business in the UK. This is a fast-paced role working in a collaborative environment alongside a highly motivated team of energy and climate experts and Consultants. We are looking for a proactive, organised, personable individual with a can-do attitude to lead projects from start to finish, while undertaking tasks related to winning new business.
Responsibilities and tasks
The ideal candidate will be directly managing the performance of some of our projects and contributing to the delivery of others, be capable of working closely with the project delivery team and coordinating the development of energy and decarbonisation strategies for our customers, which include complex technical, economic, and environmental recommendations. As we grow the business, they will also work towards coordinating bids and proposal submissions.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND DELIVERY
- Contribute to the strategic, economic and technical analysis, in collaboration with the other Consultants and project's team, under the leadership of the project's manager and project's director;
- Produce deliverables on time and on budget to ensure a high level of client satisfaction and secure repeat business. To do so, the Senior Consultant will make use of Urbanomy's portfolio of tools and methodologies, with the prerequisite of a strong level of understanding and mastering. Further to that, continuous improvement suggestions in the way projects are delivered will be expected;
- Steer and challenge contributions from internal and external contributors to projects, such as EDF R&D, other EDF entities, and project partners, in accordance with project delivery plans and expected deliverables;
- Manage, review and validate developments from internal (EDF R&D) and external (software developers) partners through a productive and trustworthy relationship;
- Collect customer feedback and share lessons learned with the rest of the team for future projects:
- Opportunity to project manage some missions, with responsibility of the performance of the delivery team.
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Contribute to the framing, writing and presentation of offers and client proposals;
- Opportunity to produce communication content and to attend fairs and conferences on sustainability and our industry.
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
- Contribute to the monitoring and analysis of regulations, standards and trends in the fields of ESG, carbon and energy;
- Contribute to the development of the whole team's knowledge, know-how and skills, as subject matter expert in one or more topics in line with Urbanomy's technical roadmap.
CAREER AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
- Opportunity to manage Junior Consultant supporting the team on temporary contracts (internships)
Description du profil
Competencies, skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in decarbonisation, sustainability and energy, and strong understanding of either the built environment industry and/or the ESG industry. We are seeking an individual with the following profile:
• Master's degree in engineering (civil/energy/electrical/mechanical) or relevant field, such as Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Climate Change or Sustainability.
• Proven previous UK experience with an engineering or sustainability consultancy, with experience on decarbonisation pathways, regulatory analysis, support on SBTI submissions (or other international frameworks), climate change mitigation and adaptation, carbon accounting, life cycle analysis, in relation to the built environment or other industry sectors;
• High degree of interest for energy and climate issues, strong values on climate change commitments, and a solid general knowledge on environmental issues
• Strong experience in simulation and model building using commercial or R&D tools
• Excellent skills in GIS, Excel and data management
• Proven project management skills with a minimum of 2 to 4-years' experience leading teams and delivering work
• Knowledge or experience of the UK energy sector and system
• Ability to think about the big picture and understand complex problems
• Willingness and ability to learn how to use new tools and software
• Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to manage a diverse range of tasks
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic attitude
• Effective teamwork and collaboration skills
• Fluent spoken and written English with excellent English language writing and editing skills, both technical and non-technical. Command of French or German (desirable)
• Proficiency with MS PowerPoint
Salaire et avantages
L'entreprise : EDF
Le groupe EDF est l'un des premiers électriciens mondiaux, à la pointe de l'innovation technologique. Le respect de la personne et celui de l'environnement, l'intégrité, la solidarité sont au cœur de nos actions.
Face à l'urgence climatique, notre rôle est d'inventer un modèle énergétique qui respecte notre planète.
Nous voulons construire un monde où il sera possible de produire une électricité neutre en CO2, grâce au nucléaire et aux énergies renouvelables, conciliant préservation de la planète, bien-être et développement, grâce à l'électricité et à des solutions et services innovants.
Postulez à cette offre
En postulant, je donne aux recruteurs d'EDF accès à mon profil Meteojob et à mon CV.